Top Custom ROM’s for your Micromax Canvas Lite
Micromax Canvas Lite which is priced around Rs.8,000 is a yet another Android smartphone which comes with JellyBean 4.1.2 out of the box. Here are some of the custom ROM’s for your Canvas Lite, out of which one of them is based on Samsung’s Galaxy line of devices and will bring their look to your Canvas Lite.
Tech Race is not responsible in any way if you brick your phone and flashing a ROM will void your warranty. Ensure that you have a minimum of 75% charging before you start the flashing process and take full backup. We recommend Titanium Backup to backup your data and phone.
To flash the Custom ROM’s given, you can simply follow these general steps (or head to particular ROM’s):
- Download the ROM zip
- Copy it on your SD Card
- Enter CWM Recovery ( by pressing volume up+ home key + power )
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset”
- Select “Wipe Cache partition”
- Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache”
- Select “Install Zip from SD Card” and choose the ROM zip file which you had downloaded.
- Wait till the process completes. After completion, your device will reboot and will optimize your apps. Note that it will take some time.
1. Ultimate Galaxy ROM
If you love Samsung’s TouchWiz User Interface, this Custom ROM is for you. This ROM is based on Samsung’s Galaxy devices and will bring TouchWiz User Interface to your device. You will also get some of the Samsung specific apps. Take a look at features of Ultimate Galaxy ROM:
- New S4 + Note 3 User Interface
- Samsung Galaxy Icons
- Galaxy Fonts
- Samsung Note 3 Boot Animation
- Samsung Shutdown Animation
- Galaxy Wallpapers
- Samsung In-Call Screen and Dialer
- Galaxy Note 3 & S4 Apps
- Galaxy Note 3 + S4 Ringtones
- Smooth & Improved Touch
- Samsung S4 New Status bar
- New System Apps
- Amazing Battery Backup
- Removed Black Screen After Call Ending
- Battery Saving Tweaks
- Tethering Working Perfectly
- S Calender
- S4 Task Manger
- S Voice
Steps for flashing Ultimate Galaxy ROM
- Reboot Into Recovery.
- Wipe Data > Wipe Cache> Wipe Dalvik Cache > Fix Permissions.
- Format System
- Flash Ultimate Galaxy V2 Then Flash Rooting Patch Given.
- Do Step 3 Once Again To Ensure Proper Wiping.
- Reboot and Enjoy Your Galaxy
There are two other Custom ROM’s for Canvas Lite for which users have reported that they are unstable and have many bugs. Due to this reason we have not mentioned those ROM’s here. If you still want to check these ROM’s, here are the links to XDA Forums: