Custom ROM for your Xiaomi Redmi 1s
Xiaomi Redmi 1S is a smartphone with 4.70-inch 720×1280 display powered by 1.6GHz processor alongside 1GB RAM and 8-megapixel rear camera. This was introduced in India to compete with the already growing popularity of Moto E in the 7K segment. With such great specifications, it would be unfair if the developers didn’t create some Custom ROMs for it. So we have provided you with the list of custom roms you should definitely check for your Redmi 1s. However, we have listed out some basic steps the you need to keep in mind before flashing a Custom ROM to it.
Please note that Tech Race holds no liability for any damage done to your device by following the steps provided. Basically all Custom ROM’s follow the similar procedure for flashing.
- Download the ROM zip
- Copy it on your SD Card
- Enter CWM Recovery ( by pressing volume up+ home key + power ) You can download it from here
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset”
- Select “Wipe Cache partition”
- Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache”
- Select “Install Zip from SD Card” and choose the ROM zip file which you had downloaded.
- Wait till the process completes. After completion, your device will reboot and will optimize your apps. Note that, this will take some time.
Let us take a look at the list:
1. CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.4 Kitkat ROM
What gets better than running a Custom ROM on your phone that provides the best features and a big developers community? CyanogenMod has the largest developer community behind it, who always work on fixing bugs and rolling out new features. This makes it the most popular choice among the custom roms available. Now you can download it for your Redmi 1s too. Have a look at the image gallery of Redmi 1S running CyanogenMod 11 with Android KitKat 4.4.4 below.
Some of the features offered are:
- CM11 Custom Themes Support
- CM Settings UI, Launcher, Lock Screen
- No bloatware
- Improved Battery Life
- More Free RAM
You can download the ROM from here
2. Android Lollipop 5.0 ROM:
This ROM gives the user a feel of the Android Lollipop OS which is based on material design. The features & apps of this ROM have been ported from Nexus 6. The developer of this rom has promised it to be bug less and easy to use. Now, we would certainly want our Redmi 1s to be flaunting the Material Design, don’t we? The rest you can infer from the screenshots below:
So which ROM you will be flashing on your Xiaomi Redmi 1S? Do let us know in the comments section below. In case of any doubts, get back to us and we will be happy to help!