How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 1s
This is an end to end guide on how to root Redmi 1s without PC. Rooting Xiaomi Redmi 1s is quite easy because of the fact that Xiaomi allows rooting your devices and rooting does not void its warranty. You don’t need to unroot it at any stage to claim warranty. If you have already rooted your phone, check out this list of Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 1s.
Disclaimer: Tech Race or its authors are not responsible for damaged or bricked devices.
- Download Xiaomi Redmi 1s root package from here – Redmi 1s root package (1.4 MB).
- Ensure that your phone is at least 30% charged.
- Backup your data. Create a backup of your contacts and text messages using this app – Super Backup SMS & Contacts
Procedure on How to Root Redmi 1s
- Move the root package file you had downloaded to your phone’s SD card.
- In the apps menu, go to Updater and hit Menu. In options tap on “Select update package”. Now just locate the root package file you had just moved to SD card and hit “Update”. Now your Xiaomi Redmi 1s will restart automatically.
- Once your device has started, Go to Security> Permission> Enable “Root Permission”.
You have now successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi 1s. You can now install any root access based apps or flash a Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi 1s. Let us know your experience in the comments section below.