How to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos launched in 2013 is the dual SIM variant of the original Galaxy Grand. It’s a 3G enabled phone which sports a 5 inch 480×800 FVGA screen. It has 1 GB+8 GB combo for storage which can be expanded up to 32 GB. For the camera department, it has one of the finest in class 8 MP+2 MP duo. It runs Android 4.2.2 by default which can be further upgraded, but this functionality is further expanded via few Custom ROM’s available which allows us to run even Android Lollipop on Grand. Rooting your Android device will help you unlock hidden possibilities of Android OS. Here we have a complete guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy Grand.
The best method available on how to root Samsung Galaxy Grand is to flash CWM (Clockwork Mod Recovery) on the device. To do so, Odin can be used which helps with flashing and advanced tweaking. This simple step by step guide will help you to go through the entire rooting process.
Warning: Rooting your device voids its warranty although the device can be un-rooted to gain back the warranty. Also, improper apprehension of the guide may result in device bricking (which is highly improbable). Proceed at your own risk, Tech Race is not responsible for damaged devices.
Pro Tip: It is always better to take a full backup of your device just in case anything goes wrong. A number of apps are already out there on Google Play Store, just pick any according to your need and take a full backup of your device. Super Backup SMS and Contacts will help you backup your contacts and text messages.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Grand
- Make sure your battery is charged at least 70% so that your phone does not shut down during the rooting process.
- Download the latest version of Odin from here for your PC which is required to flash files.
- Download USB device driver for Samsung Galaxy Grand and CWM Recovery image file.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Install Odin on your PC and double click to open it.
- Reboot your phone into Download mode, to do so press and hold the Home button, Volume up and Power button simultaneously until the screen turns ON. When you see a message flashing on the screen, press the Volume Up button to enter in Download Mode.
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable. By this time Odin’s ID: COM should turn “Blue” from “Yellow” indicating the device is detected and connected. You will now see a PDA button, click on it and select the .tar.md5 Clockwork Mod Recovery (CWM) Recovery file which you downloaded earlier to flash.
- Do make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked in Odin at the time of flashing. Now press Start button to start the flashing process and wait until it is over.
- After the flashing is over, Odin will display a “PASS” message indicating the successful completing of the process. The phone will automatically reboot.
- Again Enter in Recovery Mode and soon you will see the Samsung logo blinking twice release the Power button keeping the other two keys pressed until you see a list of options in Blue text on black background with Android theme Robot in the background.
- Now you are on the CWM recovery screen and you are ready to perform the further steps.
- Go to the main menu and select “Install zip from SD card” then “Choose from SD card” and flash the SuperUser.zip which we downloaded earlier. Click yes to confirm the action. Do note that this process is completed successfully as it required gaining the root access of the device.
- When the process is completed, navigate to the main menu and reboot the phone by “reboot to system” option.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Grand duos is now rooted. Now you can flash Custom ROM’s on your phone.
In case of doubts on how to root Samsung Galaxy Grand, feel free to comment below in the comments section.