How to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 in 8 steps!
This is an end to end guide on how to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102), the successor to Samsung Galaxy Grand. Samsung phones come with pre-loaded bloatware which take up memory and consume RAM making the device slow. If your phone has started responding slowly or hangs a lot, root your device to gain administrator privileges and remove all the unwanted apps easily. Follow this guide till the end on how to root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 or if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Rooting your device voids its warranty although the device can be unrooted to gain back the warranty. Also, improper apprehension of the guide may result in a dead/bricked phone, so kindly follow the guide step by step. Tech Race or it’s authors are not responsible if your phone gets damaged.
- Backup! It is necessary to backup all your important data like text messages and contacts. This app will help you backup everything: Super Backup SMS and Contacts.
- Ensure you have at least 50% charge left so that your phone does not shut down during the rooting process.
1. USB Driver. You can download Samsung USB drivers from here (15.3 MB).
2. Latest version of Odin. Odin is a software tool that is required to root or flash Custom ROM on your Samsung phones. You can download Odin from here (975 KB).
3. TWRP recovery. You can download TWRP recovery file from here (8.5 MB).
4. SuperSU. You can download SuperSU zip file from here. After downloading, move this file to SD card. (1.3 MB).
4. Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 in settings.
Procedure on How to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
1. Open Odin.
2. Ensure that you have installed Samsung USB drivers. If not, please install it.
3. Reboot your phone into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Home button, Volume up and Power button Simultaneously until the screen turns ON. A message flashes on the screen, press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
4. Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable. Once connected, Odin’s ID: COM should turn “Blue” from “Yellow” indicating the device is detected and in download mode. For reference, check the below image.
Look out for the “PDA” button on the main screen, click on it and select the CWM recovery file which we downloaded earlier. In Odin, check the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options.
5. Now press “Start” button to start the flashing process and wait until it is over. After the flash process is over, Odin will display a “PASS” message as seen in the below image indicating the successful completion of installing a custom recovery.
6. Shut down your phone. Press Volume Up+Home+Power button to enter recovery mode
7. Once it boots up, select “Install Zip” and browse to the SuperSU zip file you had downloaded.
8. Flashing process will start and will take a few minutes. Once it has completed, reboot your phone.
That’s it. Your Galaxy Grand 2 is now rooted and now you can enjoy the root Access of your phone.
Once rooted, you can also flash a Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. If you face any issues or have any queries, let us know in the comments section below. Let us know when you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2!
Bonus! Awesome back covers for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2