How to Root Micromax Canvas HD
Micromax launched Canvas HD A116 in February 2013. It was launched to compete with the likes of Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos and others. Canvas HD sports a 5 inch 1280×720 HD Screen (294 ppi) overall to Galaxy Grand’s 480×800 (187 ppi) screen. For the camera department it also has an 8 MP + 2 MP duo. It had 1 GB +4 GB pair on the memory front. It was coupled with the Mediatek MT6589 Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 CPU. A116 was launched by default on Android v4.1.2 but was upgrade to v4.2.2 soon after the launch. It can now run Android versions up to 4.4.4 KitKat by flashing some Customs ROM’s and (there is one also with the Samsung’s TouchWiz feel). A 2000 mAh Li-ion battery provides juice to the device.
Here, we present the step by step guide on how to root Micromax Canvas HD. Rooting your Canvas A116 is super simple, straight-forward and easy. Without any further delay let’s move to the root process itself. If you have already rooted your device, you can head to this article which helps in flashing Custom ROM.
Warning: Rooting voids your phone’s warranty but it can be claimed back by simply un-rooting the device. Also to avoid any issues kindly follow this guide easy step by step properly. Proceed at your own risk, Tech Race holds no responsibility for damaged devices.
Pro Tip – It’s always better to take a full backup of your device if anything goes wrong. There are many apps available on Play Store. Just select any of them and take a full backup before you root Micromax Canvas HD.
1. USB Drivers for Canvas HD. Here’s the download link.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your Device. (Settings–>Developer Options–>USB Debugging).
3. Charge your battery up to at least 70%.
4. Moborobo, in case Motochopper complains because device’s drivers are not installed.
5. MoboRobo Rooting tool. You can download MoboRobo from here.
1. Install the device drivers on your PC and restart it.
2. Connect your phone to PC and select the MTP storage when prompted.
3. Extract the Motochopper tool archive and run the tool. (Do not forget to enable USB debugging on your device).
4. Run the Motochopper tool. Now on the main page, select the run.bat file and run it with privileged rights (Run as Administrator).
5. Wait for the process to complete.
6. After the process completes just reboot your phone.
7. Your phone is now rooted. You will notice a Super User App in your app drawer. Use it to access the Root Privileges of your device.
Want To un-root your phone?
1. Just Open The SuperSu App.
2. Go to Settings and click the Full Clean UP option. Manually restart your phone.
3. Your phone is now un-rooted.
Hope this guide helps you with the rooting process. This guide is fairly simple and straightforward. In case you face any problem on how to root Micromax Canvas HD, do let us know in the comments section and we will be happy to help you! If you were successful in rooting your device, you can now flash a Custom ROM on your phone. Follow this link for a complete guide on flashing Custom ROM on Micromax Canvas HD.